What is an AEB Federation Points tournament?
This is an official tournament run in partnership with the Spanish Bridge Federation.
AEB tournaments allow participants to increase their federation rank thanks to the official points (Federation Points) awarded at the end of each tournament (provided that the participant is a member of the federation).
Can I take part in AEB Federation Points tournaments if I am not an AEB member?
Yes, these tournaments are open to everyone.
What are the "Funbridge Points" awarded at the end of each tournament for?
For each federation tournament played, you earn Funbridge Points on top of those awarded by the federation.
They allow you to join the Funbridge Points rankings which is perfect to see how you compare to the whole community of Funbridge players.
What is a "Funbridge Points tournament"?
This is a tournament allowing you to earn Funbridge Points only.
What are the features of AEB tournaments (frequency, rankings, number of deals)?
- 1 tournament on Monday-Wednesday (03:00-03:00): 20 deals, scored by MPs.
- 1 tournament on Monday-Wednesday (12:00-12:00): 10 deals, scored by MPs.
- 1 tournament on Wednesday-Friday (03:00-03:00): 20 deals, scored by MPs.
- 1 tournament on Thursday (00:00-00:00): 6 deals, scored by IMPs.
- 1 tournament on Friday-Sunday (03:00-03:00): 20 deals, scored by MPs.
- 1 tournament on Saturday (00:00-00:00): 8 deals, scored by MPs.
- 1 tournament on Sunday-Monday (03:00-03:00): 20 deals, scored by MPs.
What is the entry fee?
Each federation tournament costs a certain amount of Diamonds ♦️
(Funbridge virtual currency). Packs of Diamonds are available in our online shop
and from the federation tournaments homescreen.
Why aren't other players' results displayed?
At the end of the deal, players have only access to their own result on the deal, i.e. contract played, result, score and rank.
Other players' results are displayed only when the tournament is over.
How are the deals of a tournament dealt?
The number of deals generated for a tournament is higher than the number of deals played so that all players won't play the same deals and not in the same order.
Are non-played deals included in the score displayed?
The average displayed takes into account results on deals played. Only played deals are taken into account. Any non-played deal at the end of the tournament will get a score of 0%.
How are Federation Points awarded?
1) Points awarded to winner (depending on variable N, number of players in the tournament):
2) Points awarded to last player:
3) Points awarded to player finishing in position i (i=2 to l-1):
Pi=[(Pw−Pl)/(1-(N/2)0.25)] x ((i+1)/2)0.25+[(Pwx(N/2)0.25-Pl)/((N/2)0.25−1)]
Tournament with N=45 players
3) Points awarded to player finishing 12th for instance:
P12=[(1.96−0.02/(1-22.50.25)] x 6.50.25+[(1.96 x22.50.25−0.02)/(22.50.25-1)]=0.98