Why is it essential to set your conventions to play? And how to do it?
On Funbridge, you always play in South associated to a game engine in North and against two other engines in East/West.
To ensure mutual understanding between you and your partner North, we enable you to set your card play and bidding conventions.
To do so, go to Settings > Card play conventions or Bidding conventions > Edit my system.
What are card play conventions?
Setting your card play conventions allows you to indicate if your partner North will interpret the different card play signals that you will send to him or not.
We have set 2 different profiles of card play conventions for you:
- Without meaning: North will not interpret any card play signal from you.
- Leads: 4th best in NT and 3rd/5th in a suit contract.
- Discards: direct signal.
East/West play classic conventions (3rd/5th leads in a suit contract, 4th best in NT, discards: direct signal).
What are bidding conventions?
Setting your bidding conventions allows you to specify the system that you will play with your partner North.
List of bidding systems available:
- 5-card major
- Polish Club
- NBB Standaard Hoog
- Forum D
You can set each system according to your level. The higher your level, the more you will play conventions and the more complicated they will be:
- At beginner level, you will mainly play Stayman/Jacoby transfer/Blackwood.
- At intermediate level, you will add Roudi, 3rd and 4th suit forcing, Drury, Splinter, 2NT with a fit, two-suiters, etc.
- At competition level, you will play the whole range of the most recent conventions used by competition players.
It should be pointed out that the system used by East/West remains unchanged, i.e. always 5-card major at intermediate level.
What is the free profile?
The free profile allows you to select the conventions that you want to play yourself. But be aware that it is aimed at the most experienced players and it is likely to slow down game speed a little bit.