The Funbridge Series existed for several years and have not been modified since their creation.
Originally planned as the French Bridge Federation series, the up growing number of players on Funbridge result in the fact that we got away of the model, mainly when it came to the players distribution in the series. In fact the number of players in the series 1 and 2 is too important today in regard of other series.
This is why we will proceed to an upgrade in the series computation that will be in effect on June 1st, 2011.
What will be the changes?
- The number of players in the Elite series will remain the same: 50 players in the series.
- The 1 Spade series will now be limited to 150 players.
- The breakdown in the other series will be done with the following percentages:
As a reminder, here is how the breakdown is done actually:
How will we proceed?
- For the May 16 to 31 period, the displayed forecast will be calculated using new the method.
- On June 1st we will apply the new breakdown.
- For practical reason, there will not be game reports emails and awards for the May 16 to 31 period.
What are the consequences for the players?
Most players in series 1 and 2 are likely to move down by one, two or even three series. Only the Elites, the best players in 1 Spade and the players in the lower series will not be affected.