The 14th European Youth Bridge Pairs Championships took place from 11th to 15th July in Opatija, Croatia, almost one month after the 54th European Bridge Team Championships held in Ostend, Belgium (You can find all the details about this event in our June newsletter.
These championships for young bridge players include 5 pairs events: U26, Ladies Pairs, U21, U16, U13 and Mixed Pairs.
In this article you will find the results for each category. To learn out more about these championships (photos, bulletins, etc.), click here to visit the website of our partner, the European Bridge League.
The winners of the biggest event, the U26 series, are the young German players Florian Alter and Lauritz Streck. They are so young that they may return two more times to defend their title! Photo credits: EBL.
- Florian Alter & Lauritz Streck (Germany)
- Lucie Kohutova & Erik Klems (Czech Republic)
- Tommy Brass & Ian Robson (England)
- Sofie Grasholt Sjodal & Agnethe Hansen Kjensli (Norway)
- Zofia Baldysz & Anna Zareba (Poland)
- Sandra Kolen & Esther Visser (Netherlands)
- Krzysztof Cichy & Kacper Kopka (Poland)
- Piotr Jasinski & Tomasz Kielbasa (Poland)
- Tomer Loonstein & Aviv Zeitak (Israel)
- Anders Brogeland & Marius Dalemark Austad (Norway)
- Daniel Tylvad & Aron Tylvad (Denmark)
- Henry Rose & Oscar Selby (England)
- Aleks Bukat & Lucja Ciborowska (Poland)
- Line Henriksen & Alma Ertbjerg Rasmussen (Denmark)
- Rex Brocken & Miel Brocken (Netherlands)
- Sofie Grasholt Sjodal & Christian Bakke (Norway)
- Erik Klems & Lucie Kohutova (Czech Republic)
- Johanne Bilde Kofoed & Emil Thomsen Buus (Denmark)