Nickname: La Brouette (the French for “wheelbarrow”)
Year of birth: 1974
Style of play: Classic
- 1994: U20s Champion of Europe
- 1996 & 2001: Champion of France – Teams (DN1)
- 2012 & 2014: Champion of France – Pairs (DN1)
- 2013: Champion of France – Interclubs
- 2016: Champion of Europe – Budapest
- 2017: World Vice-Champion
- 2020: Champion of France with his partner Anne-Laure Tartarin – Mixed DN1
🧠In Jérôme Rombaut’s Mind…
Which attitude and mindset should we have when playing a tournament?
Don’t try to play in a weird way. Try to be as consistent as possible.
How to be well prepared for a tournament?
Practise a lot to ensure mutual understanding with your partner.
What to do when you feel your luck is running out?
Most importantly, keep calm in all circumstances and have a break if needed.
Extra Tip from the Expert:
Do not hesitate to practise and experiment with your bridge partner to understand how he reacts after weak overcalls and pre-empts, how he gives a count signal, how he gives calls, etc. when you play together.