Accueil du forum > The Pub > Bidding System  
    Auteur Message    
 sidecar

Inscrit le 20/06/2006
Posté le  02/06/2007 à 16:15:58      Sujet : The Pub

I am new here so this is probably one of thise questions which has been asked (and answered) before but I cannot find it anywhere on the forum.

Where can I find a detailed description of the computer's bidding methods?  The little pop-up alert boxes with mini descriptions don't quite do it for me - firstly there aren't enough of them but secondly they are far too terse.

For instance, I opened a weak-2 and my computer partner responded 2NT - 'alerted' as a Relay enquiring about my strength - there are two quite different workable methods  here and of course I chose the wrong one (another bottom!) - I assume now that the right one will be part of La Majeure Cinquieme but I do not have an up to date reference (my French bridge books date back to the 1980's)

So - where can I get (on the web) a description which covers that part of French Standard which is included within Funbridge - I don't mind if it is in French because I can translate it with my wife's help.

May I also say that I think FunBridge is an excellent product - even if it is beset at present by, er, unfortunate, implementation difficulties - since June 1st it seems to be working Ok.

I don't have Funbridge 1 to compare it against so perhaps that colours my view - it is always difficult to have changes thrust upon one.  By the way - who is that guy sitting West? I'm sure I've met him at tournaments -I notice that he still hesitates in the bidding a lot - how do I call the director?

It is true that my computer partner often makes me want to tear my hair out but isn't the same true of pick-up partners anywhere - at least I can shout at Funbridge without offending anyone - except perhaps my cat snoozing next to the monitor.

Terry Cleaton
(sidecar on Funbridge and BBO)

Pierre Lavillat

Inscrit le 14/06/2003
Posté le  04/06/2007 à 13:48:28      Sujet : The Pub

Terry,

If you (or your wife) can read French, you can have a look at http://jro.fb.free.fr/bridge5fb.php

It is not a complete tutorial but contains enough information to survive in most cases...

Regards,
Pierre.

Voir le profil dePierre Lavillat   Hors ligne
 sidecar

Inscrit le 20/06/2006
Posté le  05/06/2007 à 17:00:21      Sujet : The Pub

Thank you Pierre - very much

That is (almost) exactly what I wanted - of course in English would have been more exact  :)

I will get busy reviewing it and translating it - when (if) I complete that task maybe it should be published for the non-francophones on FunBridge

Regards,
Terry (sidecar)

S.Macewan

Inscrit le 09/10/2007
Posté le  12/10/2007 à 04:26:03      Sujet : The Pub

how does one get started playing bridge here  i ask...sally

Gerrit Boogaard

Inscrit le 04/04/2007
Posté le  12/10/2007 à 17:16:45      Sujet : The Pub

Hi sally:)

Download the Funbridge software from http://www.funbridge.com .

Follow the registration process, and you are ready to go.

Gerrit.

(Message édité le 02/05/2008 à 09:24:08)

Voir le profil deGerrit Boogaard   Hors ligne
 Paul Picard

Inscrit le 20/04/2008
Posté le  26/04/2008 à 02:10:14      Sujet : The Pub

I have not played bridge for... maybe longer than the age of many members here. My bible at the time was Winning Contract Bridge Complete by Edgar Kaplan.
I just loved the way that the author explained in often a humorous way the principles behind the rules. He tried to make us understand why we used each convention. This sure dates...four card majors were used.
I had played some duplicate bridge. My wife is not a card player so for the last 25 years no real bridge. The possibility of being able to play on the internet is quite a bonus.
I can see the aggressive bidding to fight for part score in the duplicate world.
I would love to buy a modern duplicate bridge book that could become my new reference book and system. I would love a simple system.
I would appreciate any help.
Regards,
Paul Picard

Voir le profil dePaul Picard   Hors ligne
 Klaus Wünsche

Inscrit le 16/12/2008
Posté le  23/05/2009 à 05:49:21      Sujet : The Pub

thís new system is not wat we want. Please go back to the roots. Whats about the tournementsystem you´ve installed here. it´s not practicable!

Voir le profil deKlaus Wünsche   Hors ligne
 rex ashbrook

Inscrit le 12/08/2009
Posté le  15/08/2009 à 23:20:27      Sujet : The Pub

I have a partner that bids on cards that are not in their hand.  They also bid a 4 bid on one card.  something is not right

Voir le profil derex ashbrook   Hors ligne
 rex ashbrook

Inscrit le 12/08/2009
Posté le  15/08/2009 à 23:20:42      Sujet : The Pub

I have a partner that bids on cards that are not in their hand.  They also bid a 4 bid on one card.  something is not right

Voir le profil derex ashbrook   Hors ligne

Accueil du forum > The Pub > Bidding System

Pour participer aux discussions, vous devez vous inscrire à FunBridge ou vous identifier et être membre Premium.

Page générée en 0,16 sec.